Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In the Cafe

Saw you in the cafe, it had been a long time, your car needed a push, so did I, and after exchanging wearying looks, we exchanged numbers too, the place was quiet the only music was in my head from a memory from earlier in the day, but still it stayed and it began to sing about you to me, and I had somewhere else to be, as we both had, so we didn't delay, and there was that instinctive feeling that I couldn't translate to words in my head, and then we moved apart and I looked at the day now, devoid of you, and there was a certain relief and there was a certain sense of loss, and there was a certain sense of nothing being certain, especially regarding memory, I had walked myself to the end of you, when you had done the same, and we were both now in our rightful place, apart.

No comments:

A new Day

And yesterday it was my birthday. A have now reached the ago of 72. I am enjoying this getting older I have to confess. I have no fear for i...