Friday, February 5, 2010

A Matter of Towns (A Tale of Two Cities)

I walked by the Guinness river
my dream was a ship forever,
taking me slowly to the place
where I was born
and she was right here inside me
using her love to guide me
singing a song about the place
where i belong

I was there in the festival city
drinking in all kinds of beauty
I walked in the gardens
when summer was warm
and I was in love and music
flowed through the streets
and into beauty
and there was my son
and the one o'clock gun

And so I was home in Dublin
so peaceful
with all the loving
living inside me
taking me on
but the summer was turning colder
and I'd grown ten years older
in a couple of moments
in a matter of towns

No comments:

A new Day

And yesterday it was my birthday. A have now reached the ago of 72. I am enjoying this getting older I have to confess. I have no fear for i...